Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lake Tahoe Trip

 
Update: a few weeks ago, Chris and I took a trip to Lake Tahoe with my sister Ruth and her husband Jordan. It was absolutely beautiful, and so much fun.
We spent a lot of time scrambling around the rocks, shrieking in delight over all of the crawdads, luring them out with bacon and scooping them into our buckets with nets. We must have caught 50 or 60.

Unfortunately, we didn't realize that if you keep them in a Styrofoam box for a few hours, they die. We went out for dinner that night.

It was a perfect combination of pine-forested mountains, rocky pools, and clear lake water. Someday, I think Chris and I will go back to camp and kayak and explore the area a little more. (We will be cooking for ourselves, though--the restaurants in the area are not a great alternative to dead crayfish.)...Doesn't Chris look cute with his little scruffy beard and boyish smirk? I think he looks darling (ahem, manly!) In these pictures.
 Here is my lovely sister Ruth, with her precious little girl Evelyn...
 Evelyn was a little dubious about the water and sand, but after a while she got used to it and started having a lot of fun. She was sweet and giggly, and fascinated by the crawdads. But more so with the potato chips and Oreos.
Aren't they precious? It makes me so happy when I see how much my sisters love their children and their husbands and my parents and each other. Love is just one of those things--you can feel it even when it isn't directed at you.

 It really is such a beautiful place...the mountains are just bending down to kiss the lake.
 Selfie! (Just for Elise!!)

It was so fun, and a much-needed break before school. Someday we'll go back and see this again:

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! And I was touched by your comment about feeling love even when it isn't directed at you--very insightful and true.

    ReplyDelete