Friday, August 9, 2013

Mason Jar Soap Dispensers

I saw some beautiful blue mason jars at Macy's a few weeks ago and HAD to use them for something. I got some cheap soap dispensers from the dollar store, Chris drilled a few holes in some lids, I went crazy with my black Rustoleum spray paint, and viola! We had 6 colorful soap dispensers.
White looks a LOT better in these jars...I filled 2 with lotion, 1 with dish soap, and 2 with hand soap, using things I already had at home. Unfortunately, the hand soap I had was honey hand soap.
It looks like Chris peed in the jar.
Still, it looks better than the cheap plastic dispensers, and we will buy new soap soon.
I would recommend getting nicer pumps than dollar store ones...we got them because we are cheap, and didn't want to buy expensive soap dispensers only to throw away the bottle and paint the pump. Home depot, Lowes, and Hobby Lobby didn't have just the pump, so we bought some cheapo ones instead...but we've had some problems with them sticking. I think we may upgrade eventually.
The other thing that is nice about these is that they are totally reuseable. We glued the pump to the lid, but the lid unscrews, so we could hypothetically throw away the lids, rinse it out, and drink from it, use it as a vase, or even can with it. I think maybe someday I will get a whole bunch and use them as my drinking glasses, but for now, I love my soap dispensers. :)

1 comment: